2015: A Happy New Year, with a revitalized resolution to deepen the newer global paradigm of the "Power of We" within ICF-SFBAC. We held our annual board retreat Jan 10th, and embraced this point of view as we set our collective intention to work closely as a team in offering our membership the best programs, connections, and networking possible this year, while also spreading the word of coaching globally.
One of our primary goals is to take advantage of technology to broaden access to our monthly programs locally and nationally. Last Wednesday we featured James Baraz (co-founder of Spirit Rock) - we had a record of about 60 people listening in to the live-cast program, including from Hawaii & New Mexico, to Vancouver & Saskatchewan, besides the members who attended in-person at the Handlery Hotel in San Francisco. The feedback was excellent! Again, we always invite you to contact us about any speaker you might love to see on our stage. Next month we'll present a dynamic panel to talk about how we coaches can use Linked-In to our business advantage, so stay tuned for this exciting event, and register ASAP.
On another exciting note, we at SFBAC were exclusively invited very recently to create a "Coaches Corner" of 20-30 coaches at the upcoming Watermark Silicon Valley Womens' Conference where Hilary Clinton will be giving the Keynote speech next month. The organizers expect about 5,000 people to attend. What a rich way to spread the coaching word to women attending the event! and what a fabulous opportunity for us to get our organization and members names out there!
We still have room on the board for a few volunteers, so if you're interested, let us know, and we'll help you find a place to contribute in a way that fits and fulfills you in best way possible!
We’re happy to announce the following new and returning members:
East Bay - Kristie Harris, Susan Paul, Milford Miles
San Francisco - Annette Caneda, Gabrielle Hilderbrand, Susan Steinfeld, Elizabeth U
South Bay - Patricia Lawless
At the Handlery Hotel, 351 Geary Street, San Francisco
Live-stream our monthly meetings taking place in San Francisco - all you have to do is register on our website and you’ll receive instructions on how to view from your computer.
Created by the community at large, these events are all over the place, literally and figuratively! By way of example, South Bay has decided that in February we will watch the meeting on our own via livestream, on Wednesday February 25th, but we’re gathering on Saturday morning for breakfast to discuss our experience and come up with a plan for growing our local gathering.
If you’re interested in championing a local gathering, contact Gail Whipple (email@example.com) for tips. In the meantime, as of press time, here are current local champions you can contact for more info:
February Monthly Gathering
• Wednesday February 25th 2015 6:30-9:00pm (6:30-7:00 networking)
• FREE for members. Cost for guests is $20.
• To register for attending - whether in San Francisco, at a local gathering, or individual live stream session, Click here.
Using LinkedIn To Attract Clients
LinkedIn is a popular tool for business networking and job searching. How can we also use it to attract coaching clients? Listen to our lively and informative LinkedIn for Coaches panel discussion where three experts with significant yet diverse LinkedIn experience share their wisdom with us:
• Using LinkedIn to communicate your personal brand
• Creating a compelling and magnetic LinkedIn Profile
• Do’s and Don’ts
• Best Practices for attracting clients
About Our Panelists
Susan Chritton is an Executive Coach, Master Personal Brand Strategist, and author of Personal Branding for Dummies, the #1 personal branding book on Amazon for over 18 months. http://www.susanchritton.com
Tracy Irvine is a Co-Active Coach and Human Resources expert in all elements of the Recruiting process for companies such as Apple, Accenture, Levi Strauss & Co. and more. http://tracyirvinecoaching.com
Sandy Jones-Kaminski helps coaches get established through a proprietary process that maximizes LinkedIn, online and offline networking tactics, social selling and content strategies. http://belladomain.com
Panel Moderator: Keiko Hsu, CPC, ACC, is a management consultant, certified Executive & Business Coach, and former executive with General Electric Company. http://www.linkedin.com/in/keikohsu
CCEU Credits: 1.5
Refund Policy: ICF SFBAC maintains high standards for its programs and speakers. Even so, we cannot guarantee that every program will resonate with every viewer. ICF SFBAC therefore maintains a "No Refunds" policy for viewer satisfaction with program content. Refunds will be considered for cancelled programs or technical failures at the point of origin (refunds are not available if the program is not viewable due to technical failure at the Purchaser's end).
The Leadership Circle offers Profile Certification
Leadership Circle Profile Certification: San Francisco June 17-19, and Nov. 18-20, 2015
Grow your practice - take coaching deeper. Master three breakthrough assessments that will add velocity to your client's leadership effectiveness: Leadership Circle Profile 360 ™ (LCP), Manager Edition™ 360, and Leadership Culture Survey™ for teams and entire organizations.
Only LCP measures leadership competencies (what's going on) and reactive
behaviors (why it's happening). That's why leading organizations, consultants/coaches, and top universities consider our assessments their "strategic advantage".
Take a Free Test Drive Demo - Register for Certification
• ICF approved for 20.85 hours CCEU
The Leadership Circle Profile is:
• More Revealing–It 's the only 360 linking leadership competencies to core beliefs governing behavior.
• More Advanced–Instantly reveals key opportunities for your executive’s development. No reams of documentation. Enables coaching to start at a breakthrough rather than require months trying to reach one.
• More Than Just an Assessment–Rich theoretical underpinnings of LCP provide pathways to transformation. No other tool offers this.
• More Efficient–It's easy to use. Allows a coach to meet leaders “where they are” without spending valuable coaching time finding out where that is.
"After nearly 1000 coaching sessions with many instruments, LCP has led to the best 1-on-1 coaching sessions I have EVER experienced! It goes beyond feedback on behaviors and competencies (which it includes) to the source: core beliefs and assumptions out of which those behaviors live." David Womeldorff, author, coach, Former Consulting Director of Bank One Corporation’s Learning and Leadership Development.
||| ||| |||
The Institute for Generative Leadership offers a foundational workshop
Join us for the Foundations for Generative Leadership workshop in Mill Valley, CA February 26-28:
The promise of the Foundations for Generative Leadership (FGL) workshop is to empower you to produce better results as a leader or coach by developing new practices and ways of approaching the challenges of leadership. These are hands-on practices that let you take new and more powerful actions and open up new possibilities for the results you will are committed to produce.
The workshop is a rigorous, three-day learning experience led by Bob Dunham of the Institute for Generative Leadership, in partnership with Newfield Network.
Benefits of participation include:
- Make bigger and more valuable promises and fulfill them with your team.
- Reduce the number and severity of breakdowns you experience by learning to identify common blind spots for teams and powerful ways to remedy them for good.
- Increase commitment and follow-through of teams by learning and practicing the essential skills for coordinating action, and by identifying and resolving the most common pitfalls of communication in teams.
- Develop greater skill with the challenges of trust and mood to produce the positive outcomes you care about.
- Close the gap between learning and doing by identifying concrete next steps to immediately apply what you learn, and to produce more satisfying results in your coaching and leadership roles. The workshop is about learning to practice, not just learning concepts.
Are you ready to get serious about developing your
skills and practices as a leader or coach of leaders?
When: Thursday-Saturday, Feb 26-28, 2015.
8:30 AM to 5:30 PM
Where: Acqua Hotel (555 Redwood Hwy, Mill Valley CA 94941)
Cost: $995 early bird until Feb 1st
Discounts available for ICF members, Newfield Network alumni, and multiple people from the same company.
CCUE’s: This workshop is worth 19 CCEU’s
For more information or to register, please Visit:
http://Generateleadership.com/FGL or email firstname.lastname@example.org
||| ||| |||
The Five O’Clock Club offers Career Coach Certification
Take your coaching practice to the next level with The Five O’Clock Club Career Coach Certification.
Learn the industry's top career search methodology and become eligible for client referral streams. Click here.
Calling All Coaches: International Coaching Week is Coming
May 18-24 2015 is ICW and we’re building on our great success last year, offering coaching at SCORE and doing renegade coaching in Union Square. Contact Tina Ambrosini (email@example.com) for more deets - slots fill quickly for these popular events. Here’s the proposed schedule so far:
• Monday, May 18: Under construction
• Tuesday, May 19: Coaching & Mentoring w/ SF SCORE
Need 8-12 Volunteer Coaches beginning at 9am – 4:30pm *please let me know what times you are available and how long you are willing to coach for that day - flexibility helps!
• Wednesday, May 20: Under construction
• Thursday, May 21: Coaching & Mentoring w/ SF SCORE
Need 8-12 volunteer coaches beginning at 9am – 4:30pm *please let me know what times you are available and how long you are willing to coach for that day - flexibility helps!
• Friday, May 22: Renegade Coaching in Union Square
Need as many coaches as possible for Flash Mob coaching in Union Square – meet at the Handlery Hotel lobby at 11:30am. Coaching in Union Square from 12noon – 4pm. Critical mass makes a critical difference!
Announcing The Revolution
Krisztina Kolhaas; Revolution Intensive for Entrepreneurs brings together inspiring entrepreneurs, mavericks, and leaders for a powerful 3-day event that will transform you and your business. You'll create, collaborate, and connect with a diverse group of innovative thinkers.
You will learn to:
• Gain clarity about your personal revolution and your vision for the future
• Unleash your passion and creativity for your business
• Expand your thinking around what’s possible for you
• Be confidently you and align with fun, smart, prosperous people
• Build authentic relationships with those making a monumental impact in the world
• Double or triple your sales or that of your team so you can impact more lives
• Work less in your business and more on your business to make space for what you love
Revolution 2015 is really about the people. Every single person there will inspire you. Space is limited in order to ensure the highest level of conversation and connection. Join the Revolution and light your fire. www.revolutionintensive.com
Submissions For Future Newsletters
We hope you found this issue of Checking In fun and helpful. Our goal is to provide you information useful to you as a coach, and to help members and friends share their announcements with this community. Please submit announcements to firstname.lastname@example.org. Submissions are due by the 25th of each month.