In This Month's Issue of Checking In:
Dear Members and Friends,
Back in April, SFBAC was a featured Sponsor/Exhibitor at HR West, a conference for HR Professionals and affiliates in Northern California. That event marked our successful first step forward in realizing a significant initiative we designed last Fall for 2013 Business Development: Elevating our visibility through participation at exhibitions and conferences. This participation will elevate our visibility to many communities of professionals and organizations, allowing for the growth of our chapter and opportunities for our members. Our model for members to co-sponsor activities at these events is a unique benefit. The potential is vast because our membership spans a broad spectrum of interests and specialties from Life Coaches to Business Coaches to Wellness Coaches and everything in between.
I am requesting your help in identifying potential Conferences and Exhibitions you'd like to see us participate in! The event can be in San Francisco or other locations across Northern California. Tell me your ideas by contacting me directly at:email@example.com
Greg Peters CPCC, ACC
ICF San Francisco Bay Area Coaches
Welcome to the following new members:
East Bay: Lanette Ferguson, Anwar Hussain, Donald Hoffman
North Bay: Kim Hansen, Arlene Gardaya
San Francisco: None this month
South Bay: Stan Karp, Sara Hart, Ronna Phifer-Ritchie
New members, please be sure to set up your profiles so that prospective clients (and your fellow coaches!) can find you!
Welcome New Board Member: Mila Fairfax!
Please join us in welcoming Mila Fairfax as our new Director of Marketing and PR!
Mila, who brings over 20 years of corporate PR experience, now uses classic public relations techniques to help people craft their story and tell their story more effectively. We are thrilled to have Mila on board to help ICF San Francisco Bay Area Coaches craft our story!
The Director of Marketing and PR:
• Is responsible for external communications and attracting new members to grow our chapter
• Communicates and promotes our programs and benefits via our website and external channels to attract new participants and potential new members
• Secures and maintains relationships with existing and potential sponsors and advertisers
• Leads the Marketing Committee, which sets the strategic direction based on clearly understanding the needs of our target market, and provides specific guidance and recommendations to the Board and other committees
• Responds to requests from the media and research organizations
• Works with local media to raise public awareness of the benefits of coaching
If you are interested in joining the Marketing Committee in its work to more effectively share the story of Coaching in the Bay Area and beyond, please contact Mila at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Would You Like to Listen In? We Hope You’ll RSVP!
San Francisco Bay Area Coaches continues to innovate. Our “Listen In” program has become a Regional Streaming Video Party (RSVP): It is now a live video streaming of our chapter meeting, starting next Wednesday, August 14 from 6:30-9:00 pm. For all of you coaches who live far away from San Francisco but still want to engage directly with the coaching community and deepen your learning, this is for you!
Please sign up to see Jeremie Miller present "Shine: Using Video to Connect with Potential Clients Is Easier Than You Think!" at one of these regional locations: Petaluma (North Bay) Palo Alto (South Bay) or San Ramon (East Bay). This program is free to all members of SFBAC and costs $10 for non-members to attend at one of the gatherings. Hosts have a limited amount of space in their homes, so reply early to ensure your spot.
Click here to learn more!
Shine: Using Video to Connect with Potential Clients Is Easier Than You Think!
Featuring Jeremie Miller
Learn strategies you can use to start (or improve) the creation of videos for your business from coach and educator Jeremie Miller.
Coaching is a person-to-person endeavor, whether it is done in-person, over the phone or via teleconferencing software. So what better way to raise your visibility than with videos?
That sounds good in theory, but…
• “I don’t have the time.”
• “I don’t have the right equipment.”
• “I don’t know how.”
• “I’m scared.”
How will coaches benefit from this program?
- See that video doesn’t have to take a lot of time if you don’t allow it too
- See that video doesn’t need to have professional production value to be successful
- Open up the opportunity of using video to connect with your community and find coaching clients
- Learn two tips that will help you create videos with more impact so people come back to watch more videos
- Learn three different strategies that you can use with video in
your business to share content, build community, and find clients
- Make your first video, in real time, during the talk if you have not made one before
- Get some new ideas for making video, in real time, if you are already making videos
Interactive & Live Coaching Demonstrations
- How to use smartphones or other recording devices to shoot a video
- How to use the “value before/value after” concept from screenwriting in videos
- How to use the “central character” concept from screenwriting in videos
- See the before/after effect of these two concepts in the video shot during the event
- During the video making process (which will happen twice) you will be working hands-on creating your videos in small groups
- I will make my own video at the start, then share the two
concepts, then “self coach” my own video and make a second video using
the two concepts
- During the sharing/question times I can provide laser coaching to those who participate and ask questions.
Jeremie Miller's Qualifications
Degrees: BS in Genetics, BE in Education k-12
Certifications: Certified Professional Coach (International Coach Academy), Level One Choice Theory Certificate
Experience: taught grades 7-12 for 8 years, Volunteer on Vancouver
Crisis and Suicide Prevention Line, Program Worker for the John Howard
Society, Staff writer and streaming video content provider for Electric
Playground TV show.
Wednesday August 14, 2013 6:30-9pm To attend this event via a Regional Streaming Video Party, Click here
To attend this event at the Handlery Hotel, Click here
Handlery Hotel San Francisco
FREE for members. Cost for guests is $20.
ICF Advance 2013: Cultural Competency
ICF Members! You may now register for ICF's newest branded event - ICF Advance 2013: Cultural Competency. Join us October 25-26 in Washington, D.C. at the Hilton Washington Dulles—be sure to register early as this event is limited to 150 guests.
If you want to take your coaching to the next level, you will want to attend ICF Conference 2013.. This interactive and robust event will serve as a springboard for building your own cultural awareness and ultimately, becoming a more culturally competent coach. Learn more about ICF Advance 2013..
In preparation for the event, two pre-conference webinars will be hosted by ICF Global. Webinar registration will be free and open to everyone. Register for the webinars now!
One of the best-kept secrets at ICF SFBAC is the amazing services and talents of our members! But that’s the last thing that should be kept secret! So, we are providing a table at our monthly gatherings where members can display business cards, brochures, flyers, etc.
* This Is a Benefit of Membership *
in conjunction with the Proud Plugs feature at our monthly gathering. So, Members! Don’t forget to practice standing up and announcing your fabulousness, and bring your cards, brochures and flyers! (And get inspiration from others are doing, too!)
Coaching Resources and Announcements
Business Coaching Program Seeks New Team Coaches
The Healer’s Workshop is seeking two new Team Coaches! We provide training, support, and benefits to coaches who help to serve the Healer’s Workshop community.
Coaches must already be trained and certified by one of the governing coach organizations. Since this program is virtual, team coaches may reside anywhere in the world - provided that they have a quality Internet connection. Visit http://healersworkshop.com/coaches/ for the downloadable Team Coach Packet, which gives more information about how collaboration works.
If you have an event, course, new service offering, publication, or other coaching-related product or service you want to share with the Bay Area coaching community, share it here! The deadline for submitting items is the 25th of each month. Reach out to Communications@sfbayareacoaches.org for publication guidelines.
hope you found this issue of Checking In fun and helpful! It is our
goal to provide you with information that is useful to you as a Coach,
and to help members and friends share their announcements with this
community. If you would like to submit an announcement, please contact
Communications@sfbayareacoaches.org. Submissions are due by the 25th of
Susan T. Blake
ICF San Francisco Bay Area Coaches