Please join professor, author, and speaker, Annabelle Nelson, PhD, for this live, interactive workshop on Saturday, August 18th.
Each person lives in front of an archetype. Humans unconsciously strive to embody a primary characteristic, like being brave as in the archetype of the hero or being a healer as in the archetypes of a shaman or doctor. Learning to find archetypal presence can be a powerful technique to open the mind to hone awareness.
This workshop will engage participants with activities to demonstrate how to use……
- imagery to relax and release anxiety,
- quizzes and other activities such as art, music and movement to find an archetype
- imagery of emotions in the mind-body for archetypal transformation
Archetypal Imagery is a technique based on humanistic and Jungian psychology as well as brain physiology and Hindu thought to clear emotional reactive patterns, so that one can be aware and present in coaching interactions. Archetypal imagery helps people feel more energized, notice synchronicity in meaningful moments in their life, make sense of their life’s journey, pursue more spiritual practice, and be connected to their spiritual purpose,
Annabelle Nelson, PhD, professor, author and speaker developed this technique over many years and has trained hundreds of coaches, counselors and psychologists. See her bio at http://annabellenelson.com/about/.
Participants in this live, in-person workshop will be able to:
- Learn the definition of archetypal imagery and how it transforms the mind-body towards wisdom and greater presence.
- Experience imagery for relaxation and learn techniques to vivify imagery.
- Learn how to use quizzes to discover a personal archetype and to use art, story and movement to amplify that archetype.
- Develop skills in helping a person evoke a recent emotionally charged memory, visualize it in the mind-body and use an archetype to transform this.
Benefits to Coaches:
Coaches and counselors who have experienced this training report they feel energized, calmer and clear. They pursue more spiritual practice and feel more connected with their spiritual purpose. They enjoy synchronicity, noticing events in their life that have meaning and make renewed sense of their life’s journey. They also say they help their clients feel calmer, clearer and even heal grief from a new perspective.
Saturday, August, 2018 from 9 am – 12 noon
Neyborly Creative Space - Event at Neyborly
2518 San Pablo Avenue, Berkeley, CA, 94702
Registration is required
Payment In Advance Only
CCEU Core Competencies: 2.0
Professional Development 1.0